Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why all the hate ?


Back when I was in school it worked like this. The kids that owned one console hated the other console. For example in the current generation I guess the kids that own a Xbox 360 hate the PlayStation 3 and the Wii and PlayStation 3 owners hate Xbox 360 and Wii and Wii owners hate Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

When I was in school I thought that this was incredibly stupid. The "hate" was not because of what games the console had or the hardware or whatever reason it was simply because whatever you have you love and what you don’t have you hate and push against.

I never bought into these mindless arguments. If I didn't have the money to buy all the consoles and latest games I would swap consoles with friends and rent games. This way I played,and still do, all the greatest games.

Then I grew up and I though this child-like hate would stop and I would enjoy all games on all console with everybody, but I was wrong. There is still hate for whichever console people don't own. Don't you see how stupid this is? Do you know of how many awesome games you deprive yourself of because of a dumb argument based on nothing? Looking at the current generation every single console has awesome games that the other does not.

Wii- Zelda
Xbox 360- Gears of War
PlayStation 3- Metal Gear Solid 4

These games alone justify owning every single console. When come across a 'hater' I think of all the cool games he/she is missing.

Please let’s stop this stupidity and enjoy all the amazing games out there.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The only problem is what to buy first and in what order.

    I don't know if I want a Wii or a 360. I love my PS3 though.

    ReplyDelete